The PET (positron emission tomography scan is considered as an advanced imaging test which helps to understand the way of functioning your body tissues and the biochemical changes which occur in your body. The illness or diseases affect your body’s biochemistry and make changes in your body. The PET scan helps to detect these changes in your body. A radioactive drug or tracer is used in the method of PET scan to show these changes. The method for using tracer are swallowing, injecting and inhaling according to the parts of your body which is being tested. The tracer helps to identify the affected areas which have changed due to high levels of biochemical reaction. The affected area will be focused as the bright spot. The PET scan is an effective method to evaluate several health conditions in your body like heart diseases, cancers, and brain disorders. You will get the best PET CT Bangalore to make the perfect advanced imaging test.
Reasons for making the PET scan
A PET scan is an essential way to check the biochemical reactions in your body parts. A PET scan provides more information which is not disclosed by the other tests like MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and CT (computerized tomography). Making of the PET scan combined with MRI or CT scans is more effective for your doctor to diagnose your illness and making the right treatment according to your health condition. Here are given some health conditions for which you can make the PET scan.
The PET scan for heart
The PET scan of your heart is an advanced imaging test which involves the specialized dye to get the view of the problems in your heart which will help your doctor to make the diagnosis of your problems accurately. The dye includes radioactive tracers to spot the area in your heart which may be diseased or injured. The PET scan is considered as a same-day process for which you will not have to admit in the hospital. You can perform the normal activities after the PET scan.
Reasons for making a PET scan for heart
The doctor may advise you to make a PET scan for the problem in your heart which includes some symptoms. Some of these symptoms are:
- Chest pain
- Breathing problem
- Arrhythmia or irregular heartbeat
- Profuse sweating
- Stiffness in your chest
What result may be obtained making the PET scan for your heart problem?
The PET scan will show the areas which are affected for insufficient blood flow and which part has been damaged or injured. The doctor can diagnose some heat diseases using the PET scan report. The diseases are:
- CAD (Coronary Artery Disease): Your doctor can diagnose CAD using the PET scan. In this health condition the arteries in your body, which help to carry oxygenated blood to your heart, become hardened, blocked or narrowed. Making an angioplasty or the procedure of stents insertion is made to solve the narrowing problem expanding the arteries. In the procedure of angioplasty, a thin soft tube is called a catheter which is placed including a balloon at the tip of the catheter through the blood vessel to the narrowed and blocked part of the artery. After reaching the correct location the doctor will inflate the balloon of the catheter. It balloon will create the pressure to the plaques which have got deposited at the artery’s wall. The removal of plaque will clear the blockage of the arteries. When the blockage is in more serious condition, your doctor may advise you to make coronary bypass surgery.
- Heart failure: The PET scan can detect your heart failure which is a health condition when your heart is of able to give sufficient blood to circulate in your body. Heart failure can cause for different reasons and these are diseases in your heart valve, cardiomyopathy, heart attack, arrhythmias, congenital heart diseases and some diseases like emphysema, anemia, and effect of high or low thyroid.
The PET scan for cancer
In the PET scan report cancer cells are highlighted as a bright spot as they include higher metabolic rate. You will get the perfect PET CT scan in Bangalore. The PET scan can be used for:
- To make sure about the spreading of cancer in your body
- To detect cancer
- To examine whether the treatment for the cancer is properly working
- To find out recurrence the cancer
The PET scan should be interpreted consciously because some noncancerous health condition may look similar with the cancerous cells. Some cancerous cells are not identified by the PET scan. Different kinds of solid tumors are identified by the PET scan and these are:
- Head and neck
The PET scan for the brain disorder
The PET scan is an advanced imaging test which helps the doctor to observe the way of functioning of your brain. Using radioactive tracer the scan can capture the images of the functioning of the brain. Tracers are stuck to glucose which is the main fuel in your brain.
Reasons for making the PET scan for brain
The PET scan provides the detail reports of the shape, size, and function of the brain. This test is advantageous in many ways like:
- To determine the spread area of cancerous cells in the brain
- To examine cancer
- To diagnose Alzheimer’s disease
- To make preparation for the surgical procedure of epilepsy
- To understand the presence of Parkinson’s disease
The PET scan is useful for the monitoring the treatment for the brain disorder.
What result may be obtained by the PET scan for the brain?
The PET scan provides the images which appear in different colors within the range of dark blue to deep red. The active area of the brain will come up including warmer colors like red and yellow. This test will help your doctor to find out the abnormalities of your brain.
Finally, the PET scan will help you to find out the actual reason for your health problem and this report is advantageous to get the right treatment for your health problem.